CVS Pharmacy® coupon policy
CVS Pharmacy coupons (ExtraCare® coupons and other store-issued coupons), ExtraBucks®
Rewards and third-party manufacturer’s (mfr.) coupons are accepted in our retail stores in
accordance with the following guidelines and as required by state and local laws.
CVS Pharmacy reserves the right to change this policy at any time without advance notice
All paper coupons:
• Must be presented during checkout in order to receive credit
• Must be legible
• Must have a scannable barcode
• Are acceptable in black and white or color
• May not be duplicated
Other guidelines & limitations:
• We reserve the right to process coupons in any order.
• Coupons must be used on or before the expiration date.
• Qualifying ExtraCare card must be presented at checkout to use CVS Pharmacy
coupons. Does not apply in limited circumstances.
• Valid coupons loaded to your ExtraCare card will be applied at checkout.
• We cannot scan coupon barcodes directly from a mobile device.
• Manufacturer’s (mfr.) coupons are generally designated with “manufacturer’s coupon”
or “mfr.” printed on the face of the coupon (other similar type language may appear on
the face of the coupon indicating funding from the manufacturer).
• You cannot exchange your coupons or ExtraBucks Rewards for cash or gift cards.
Neither coupons nor ExtraBucks Rewards can be refunded or re-issued. CVS Pharmacy
coupons may be subject to state sales tax rules similar to manufacturer’s coupons.
Sales tax may be charged on pre-coupon price as required by law.
• Your purchase must include qualifying items in order to use coupons.
• Individual coupon value cannot exceed the value of the item it is applied to.
• CVS Pharmacy coupons generally cannot be used on sale, promotional or clearance items.
Other restrictions may apply. Language at the bottom of coupons may provide additional
coupon acceptance rules.
• You can only use one item-, brand-, or category-specific CVS Pharmacy coupon and one
manufacturer’s coupon per qualifying item unless prohibited by either coupon. We honor
• Some coupons may not be applicable to orders placed on CVS.com
• We have the right to refuse or limit the use of any coupon and/or the subsequent return
for any reason and at the discretion of CVS Pharmacy management.
Visit CVS.com/CouponPolicy for more information.
If you are not satisfied with an item purchased from CVS Pharmacy, you may return the item,
along with the original receipt, for a refund, exchange or store credit equal to your original
• Cash, debit/credit card and check refunds must be requested within 60 days of purchase,
along with the original receipt.
• Items presented for return without an original receipt may be exchanged for merchandise
or a CVS Pharmacy MoneyCard. Valid customer identification is required.
For your convenience, items may be returned to any CVS Pharmacy location.
Personal checks made payable to CVS Pharmacy are accepted for the exact amount of the
sale or less. Personal identification (ID type, ID number and phone number) will be requested
from all customers who are making check purchases.
Minimum purchase amounts
CVS Pharmacy imposes no minimum purchase amounts for payments tendered with
debit/credit cards or checks.
Last updated on 8/1/16